25 April 2018
Will robots take your job, and what could this mean for your career?
Many people today are worried that their jobs will be taken over by robots, and a large percentage of them have a right to be afraid. Chatbots will replace call-centre employees, algorithms will replace financial services etc. etc. This article in the Economist shows that in general jobs in richer countries are less at risk. Possibly because the routine jobs have been outsourced to other parts of the world already, or maybe because jobs in the west require more human traits like empathy and creativity.
But even if your job is taken over by a robot, is that a personal risk or opportunity? The World Economic Forum predicted that 65% of today’s students will have jobs that don’t exist yet today. Couldn’t those new jobs be much more interesting than the ones that disappear?
Did you already explore and design your own future career?
Subscribe to Caracta future matters
- More news:
- Transformational purpose
- Team engagement
- Looking for leaders willing to challenge us
- Explore the gender gap at work and in life, together
- Using the SDG’s to provide future direction
- Long-term value creation – economic & societal
- Start with the future – not with the present
- The intrinsic motivation for improvement
- Inspiring transformation through creative interventions
- The fun of a business thriller